Alto Saxophone Yanagisawa AWO10
The New Yanagisawa AW010 range replaces the long standing A991 series.
These pro level Yanagisawas have long been popular with more experienced players or those wanting to go straight to the top of the range. Handmade in Japan to the most exacting standards with industry leading materials and precision.
The New AW010 range really does have some major modifications whilst retaining the classic Yanagisawa sound and feel that have made them so popular.
- The bore size and tone hole size and positioning has all been modified. This is the core of how a Sax plays in terms of response, intonation and resonance.
- Yanagisawa are using a different source of brass; the mix and quality of zinc and copper can affect the resonance in particular, much testing was done to ensure the best tonal possibility from a new source of core brass.
- The right hand 'pinky' keys (low Eb + low C) have been modified in shape and feel to faciliate faster finger movement at the bottom of the instrument.
- The front F key has been ergonomically re-designed to sit more easily under the players finger when operated.
- Additional 'feet' have been added under the right hand side keys (Bb, C and high E) - this is to basically give the mechanism more support and a more positive 'feel' for the player when depressing the key.
Finishing off the outfit is a new case and new engraving which of course is all wholly aesthetic but a nice touch nonetheless.
In summary this new Yanagisawa AW010 range offers a depth and full range of tonal colours, this is due in part to the moderate resistance that is present compared to the AW01 series, the extra ribs and plates that run down the body help attach the key posts with more support and strength to the resonating body tube.