Carl Martin OptoComp guitar effects Compressor
Carl Martin OptoComp guitar effects.
One day while Carl was adding some compression to a guitar track in his studio, he thought, why hasn’t anyone built a small opto-compressor for guitarists? An optical compressor performs gain reduction control via a light source into a photo sensitive cell… as the light source gets brighter, the photo sensitive cell sends a signal to reduce dynamic range, or what becomes a compressed signal. Welcome to the Classic Optical Compressor….an old-school compressor from the days where coloring was an important factor to the sound.
- - Vintage Series optical Compressor
- - Analog
- - Die-Cast Metal housing
- - Controls for Gain, Level, Comp and Attack
- - Status LED
- - Bypass footswitch
- - In/Output: 6.3 mm mono jacks
- - Power: Optional AC adapter 9V DC min. 40 mA, 2,1 mm x 5,5 mm barrel plug, (-) center
- - Dimensions: (L x W x H) 120x95x56 mm
- - Weight: 350g