Herdim Peg Shaper and Reamer, 22-Piece Set
22-piece set of tools for fitting pegs of all sizes from 1/16 violin – 4/4 cello, as well as for making peghole bushings.
Set consists of the following articles:
- D730203 Herdim Peg Shaper, Cello, Large
- D730502 Herdim Peg Reamer, Violin, Standard, Straight Edges, Uncoated
- D730601 Herdim Peg Reamer, Cello, Straight Edges, Uncoated
- D730101 Herdim Peg Shaper, Violin, Small
- D730102 Herdim Peg Shaper, Violin, Viola, Standard
- D730201 Herdim Peg Shaper, Cello, Small
- D730202 Herdim Peg Shaper, Cello, Medium
- D730501 Herdim Peg Reamer, Violin, Small, Straight Edges, Uncoated
- D730100 Replacement Blade for Herdim Peg Shapers, 50 mm
- D730200 Replacement Blade for Herdim Peg Shapers, 80 mm
Herdim Reamers Made in Germany
Precision tools for shaping the peg, endbutton and endpin holes of stringed instruments. The reamer blades are made of High Speed Steel (HSS)
hardened to 62 HRC to guarantee exceptionally long-lasting edges.
Straight cutting edges
The triple straight cutting edges are particularly sharp and guarantee perfectly round holes. Boxwood handles.
Spiral cutting edges
The spiral design allows the wood fibers to be cut at an angle, resulting in completely chatter-free performance and perfectly round holes. Especially well-suited for working on sensitive old instruments whose pegboxes often have very hard medullary rays. Rosewood handles.
The titanium-nitride coating (TIN) triples the reamers edge life, protects it from corrosion and reduces friction during use. By allowing a smoother and gentler cut, it also reduces the stress placed on the pegbox. The TIN coating does not affect the sharpness of the reamer.