10/84 Oyster Pickup Schaller
Schaller patented Oyster pickups offer a natural and powerful reproduction of the instrument sound without active circuits or preamps.
* The excellent sound result is achieved by a perfect interaction of diaphragm, piezo element and plastic contact gel.
* All Oyster models are fixed with a dual-sided adhesive foil or alternatively with a removable glueing pad that won't damage the instrument's top.
* Models 721 and 722 are designed for internal, models 723 to 727 for external installation.
You can find individual descriptions of the different versions of our Oyster pickup by clicking on the relevant model in the "Versions" tab.
For guitars with a very good resonance we recommend the thin glueing platelets. The use of the silicon rubber is ideal if very high volume levels are to be achieved. Proceed as follows: cut off about 2cm of bonding mass, pull off the protective foil and with the underside of the pickup press a round lump of glue onto the guitar. Done!
Since every guitar has a different resonance and construction, you should determine by trial the best position for the pickup on your actual instrument. There are three methods commonly used in practice:
1. under the strings, in front of the bridge, between the 2nd and 3rd treble string;
2. directly on the treble side of the bridge;
3. behind the bridge, on the treble side
With models 727 and 728 the second transducer is attached accordingly in the area of the bass strings. The control box should always be fixed at an easily accessible location with the already glued-on foil.
Cautiously lift off the pickup without pulling on the cable. The transducer will come off more easily by gentle pivoting movements. Any residuals of the adhesive foil are removed best with a little guitar polish.