Vandoren, a French based company, make some of the most popular mouthpieces and reeds for clarinettists and saxophonists, and their selection of ligatures are just as popular.
Vandoren’s leather ligatures offer an opportunity to adjust the sound, using the 3 interchangeable pressure plates. The ligature has a solid single screw design, to allow quick and precise adjustment, whilst ensuring consistent hold and pressure on the reed.
Whether playing classical or jazz, the Optimum Ligature’s 3 pressure plates will accommodate your style:
- METAL PLATE - a more colourful and compact sound. The combination of a metal plate and a flexible ligature offers the player the best sonic qualities of both materials
- SMOOTH LEATHER - made from the same leather as the ligature, it creates a focused, compact sound that is slightly darker.
- 'SUPPLE' SMOOTH LEATHER PLATE - made from a more supple leather, it gives a rounder, more ample sound
This Vandoren Bb Clarinet Ligature:
- Is made in France
- Is made from genuine leather
- Is provided with a plastic cap, to protect your reed when not in use
- Fits most plastic, and ebonite Bb clarinet mouthpieces
- Is available for Eb, Bb, Alto and Bass clarinet mouthpieces
- Is available for Soprano, Alto, Tenor, V16 Metal Tenor, Baritone and V16 Baritone saophone mouthpieces
This ligature would be suitable for an intermediate or professional player, looking for a top-quality ligature to facilitate great ease of expression, with freedom.