Vandoren, a French based company, make some of the most popular mouthpieces and reeds for clarinettists and saxophonists, and their selection of ligatures are just as popular.
Vandoren’s ever popular silver plated Optimum ligatures offer an opportunity to adjust the sound, using the 3 interchangeable pressure plates. The ligature has a solid single screw design, to allow quick and precise adjustment, whilst ensuring consistent hold and pressure on the reed.
Whether playing classical or jazz, the Optimum Ligature’s 3 pressure plates will accommodate your style:
- A rich, colourful sonority which produces great resonance. Pressure along the fibre of the reed facilitates an unbelievable blowing ease. Incredible ease of articulation.
- A more compact, centred sonority, smooth even sound and extraordinary blowing ease.
- The reed vibrates in total freedom, producing a very flexible sound. Greater ease of expression.
The Vandoren Bb Clarinet Optimum Ligature is:
- Made in France
- Provided with a plastic cap, to protect your reed when not in use
- Fits most plastic, and ebonite Bb clarinet mouthpieces
- Available for Eb, Bb, Alto and Bass clarinet mouthpieces
- Available for Soprano, Alto, Tenor, V16 Metal Tenor, Baritone and V16 Ebonite Baritone saxophone mouthpieces
This ligature would be suitable for an intermediate or professional player, looking for a top-quality ligature to facilitate great ease of expression, with freedom.