AKG C 414 XLS Condenser microphone
AKG C 414 XLS professional large-diaphragm condenser microphone
Since its appearance in 1971, the C 414 has been one of the best and most popular large-diaphragm condenser microphones in the world. The AKG C414 XLS large diaphragm microphone is based on the sound character of the legendary C 414 B-ULS, the longest existing C 414 model to date. It is particularly suitable for the high quality acceptance of instruments. The C 414 is also used more and more frequently for demanding live productions.
Optimized for this broad area of application, the current version of the AKG C414 XLS large diaphragm microphone not only has 9 directional characteristics for optimal sound. A lock mode protects against unintentional changes to the setup by means of a key lock. The peak hold LED reliably indicates that the electronics are overdriven, even with the shortest signal peaks.
In the tradition of its esteemed predecessors, the AKG C414 XLS large diaphragm microphone is convincing in terms of functionality, scope of performance, user friendliness and extensive accessories. The new, improved features were developed to meet the constantly growing demands of recording studios, stages, radio and TV studios without changing the typical sound quality of the C 414.
- Classic microphone with a very large dynamic range
- Nine switchable directional characteristics for optimal sound and high flexibility
- Two-color status LED for characteristics, overload, etc.
- Lock mode protects settings by locking the keys
- Peak Hold LED warns of overloading the electronics
- Three switchable bass filters and three pre-attenuation filters
- Cutting-edge technology and the most modern components for short signal paths and additional protection against moisture
- Directional characteristics: omnidirectional, wide cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure eight and four intermediate positions
- Frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Dynamic range: 152 dB
- Sensitivity: 23 mV / Pa
- Equivalent sound pressure level: 6 dB-A
- Limit sound pressure level: 140/146/152/158 dB
- Signal to noise ratio: 88 dB
- Pre-attenuation: switchable to 0, -6, -12 or -18 dB
- Bass filter slope: 12 dB / octave at 40/80 Hz or 6 dB / octave at 160 Hz
- Impedance: <= 200 ohms
- Load impedance:> = 2,200 ohms
- Phantom power: 48 V
- Current consumption: 4 mA
- Connection: 3-pin XLR plug
- Color: dark gray
- Dimensions: 50 x 38 x 160 mm
- Weight: 300 g
Scope of delivery
- Elastic spider suspensions
- Metal case
- Stand adapter