Audix SCX25-A Condenser instrument microphone
Audix SCX25-A instrument microphone, condenser, cardioid, incl. D-clip microclamp / case, for studio use
The Audix SCX25-A is a professional studio condenser microphone with an elegant and very attractive design and a patented capsule suspension system. The capsule is protected against impact with an unusual suspension system consisting of a complicated brass ring and is therefore completely isolated from the actual microphone housing and the electronics. The SCX25-A therefore delivers a detailed and extremely realistic sound.
Thanks to the even frequency response from 20 Hz to 20 kHz, the SCX-25A reacts very evenly to signals - both on- and off-axis - with a resulting excellent phase closeness and minimal proximity effect.
The SCX25-A is characterized by a wide cardioid characteristic and thus enables the recording of voices and instruments to be mixed with the sound of the recording room. Other important properties are the 1 “(25 mm) gold-vaporized membrane, the minimized electronics and the resulting small design.
For applications in which extremely loud input signals have to be processed, there is an SCX25 + A-Lo with a max. SPL of 150 dB and a sensitivity of 4.9 mV / Pa @ 1k are available.
In addition to the perfect recording of speech and vocals, the Audix SCX25-A is primarily predestined for recording acoustic instruments such as Piano and grand piano, acoustic guitar, brass and woodwinds, percussion instruments, drum overheads, orchestras and ensembles.
- With patented integrated capsule decoupling
- Small housing design
- Integrated removable foam pop filter
- Outstanding audio resolution
- Open warm sound
- Suitable for every studio application such as Speech, vocals, acoustic instruments and guitars / bass amps as well as transmission of acoustic instruments, grand pianos, overhead, ambient and broadcast use
Areas of application
- Studio vocals, lead and background
- Voice over
- Choir acceptance
- Recording of ambient noise
- Piano, grand piano, drums, overhead, saxophone and guitar
- Type: High quality large capacitor microphone
- Characteristic: kidney
- Transmission range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Impedance: 200 ohms
- Sensitivity: 28 mV / Pa @ 1k
- Max. SPL:> = 135 dB
- Phantom power: 48 - 52 V
- Length: 148 mm
- Weight: 244 g
Scope of delivery
- Wooden box
- Swiveling microphone clamp