Electro-Voice ND96 Dynamic vocal microphone
The Electro-Voice ND96 is a robust, high-performance dynamic supercardioid vocal microphone. Designed for excellent acoustic control on very loud stages, the ND96 special structural and acoustical designs create performance characteristics allowing the microphone’s gain before feedback in a mix to be significantly louder than most microphones. The ND96 dynamic capsule contains a large Mylar diaphragm which delivers a rich and detailed
frequency response by combining its large surface area for tonal balance with its low-mass high-velocity material for exceptionally fast transient response. The ND96 features a selectable vocal tuning that can be engaged to reduce certain low-mid frequency areas and emphasize key upper-midrange vocal presence areas to increase intelligibility in high energy reinforcement.
The ND96 features an innovative capsule shock-mount system consisting of a 4-point suspension around the circumference of the capsule combined with a tuned pneumatic pump at the capsule base, offering superior handling noise reduction to eliminate mechanical vibrations and noise in the mix. The ND96 capsule uses a humbucking coil that attenuates AC hum and electromagnetic interference. ND dynamic mics can be used with confidence near speaker cabinets and EMF generating equipment racks.
The ND96 Memraflex grille is made of a durable tightmesh grille wire that withstands extraordinarily-rough treatment. Your microphone remains protected and looking good gig-after-gig, year-after-year.
- Excellent acoustic control on very loud stages: exceptionally high gain before feedback
- Large diaphragm dynamic capsule creates a rich and detailed frequency response
- Vocal presence emphasis switch selects between alternate sonic signatures
- Shock-mounted capsule minimizes handling noise
- Humbucking coil guards against line hum
- Element Type: Dynamic neodymium magnet structure
- Frequency Response, Close: 30 Hz – 15 kHz
- Frequency Response, Far: 140 Hz – 15 kHz
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Sensitivity, Open Circuit Voltage @ 1 kHz: 3.3 mV/Pascal
- Maximum SPL: >140 dB
- Polarity: Pin 2 positive, reference to pin 3 with positive pressure on diaphragm
- Impedance: 350 ohms balanced (low-z)
- Microphone Connector: 3-pin, XLR-type
- Finish: Black polyurethane paint
- Material: Zinc die cast handle, Memraflex grille screen
- Dimensions, Length: 6.7 in (170 mm), Diameter: 2.0 in (50.5 mm), Shank: 0.96 in (24.3 mm)
- Net Weight: 11.4 oz (323 g)