Pirastro Viola Chorda strings set
Authentic string for baroque instruments.
- Chorda A- and D-strings are plain gut strings, G- and C-strings are wound.
- authentic strings for baroque instruments
- typical sound for baroque instruments
- very low string tension, comfortable left hand feeling
- designed for 440 Hz tuning
- For 415 Hz tuning, please use strong gauge.
- Altering the gauge by 1/4 PM changes the tension by 3%.
- Chorda G- and C-strings wound with copper are also available: darker sounding in comparison to the standard G- and C-strings.
The medium set contains the following strings:
- A plain 14 1/2,
- D plain 19 1/2,
- G silver-plated copper wire 16 1/2,
- C silver-plated copper wire 22 1/2
Chorda A- and D-strings come without knot.
G- and C-strings come with knot.
Chorda strings are manufactured in three gauges in steps of 1/4 PM.
All Chorda strings are available in 4/4.