Shure SM81 Condenser overhead microphone
Shure SM81 microphone, condenser, cardioid 10 dB attenuation, HP filter (instrument, overhead)
High-quality, permanently polarized condenser microphone, cardioid polar pattern, with switchable 10 dB attenuator and three-stage high pass. The Shure SM81 is a high quality, directional, permanently polarized condenser microphone with cardioid polar pattern, which was specially developed for professional studio recordings, for radio, television and sound reinforcement. Its very linear, wide frequency response, the low inherent noise and the low high frequency interference sensitivity have made the SM81 the standard for the acceptance of acoustic instruments such as guitar, piano and drums.
The extremely robust microphone is operated with phantom power and works reliably even under extreme temperature and humidity conditions. The SM81 is equipped with a high-pass filter that can be switched in three positions and a switchable 10 dB attenuation. Foam windscreen as well as carrying and storage case are included in the scope of delivery.
- Transmission range from 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Linear frequency response for precise sound reproduction
- Low self-noise and high protection against overload
- Distortion-free recordings even with high sound pressure
- Cardioid polar pattern for maximum isolation of the signal source and reduced background noise
- Low sensitivity to high frequency interference
- Switchable high-pass filter: linear, 6 or 18 dB / octave reduction
- Switchable 10 dB attenuation.
- Phantom power according to DIN 45 596 with voltages from 12 to 48 V.
- Robust steel design
- Can also be used under extreme temperature and humidity conditions
- Type: condenser
- Characteristic: kidney
- Frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output impedance: 85 ohms
- Idle sensitivity: -45 dBV / Pa (5.62 mV)
- Maximum SPL: 136 dB SPL
- Power supply: 11 - 52 V
- Current consumption: 1.2 mA
- Dimensions (H x D): 212 x 24 mm
- Weight: 0.23 kg